Bowie's Garden



This garden of striped rocks and plants was initially rezzed on the ground level of the sim. But I soon realized that this strange little habitat was not really working together with its surroundings. So, it was placed in its own discrete, seemingly infinite space - a sphere.

Bowies Garden came out of a promise I made to some SL friends that I would redesign David Bowie's famous Yamaguchi jumpsuit as an avatar costume for them. Which I did. But once I had done that it seemed to me that this rather bizarre personage also needed a special kind of dwelling.

The outcome was this...

I rezzed this garden many times, in many different places. Not only as parts of the sister sims, but at other times too. It also became the center piece of a party we once had at alpha.tribe where Kikas Babenco and Marmaduke Arado used it as a stage for a performance.